[[ Check out my Wordpress blog Context/Earth for environmental and energy topics tied together in a semantic web framework ]]

Monday, July 25, 2005

A Nation of Tar

Indirect evidence substantiates claims:
I am sitting in an office right now in Fort McMurray, Canada. I am trying to get my share of the tens of billions of dollars being invested right now in the oil sands all around me. What is amazing is that the tens of billions of dollars needed for this development will only produce a relative trickle of a few million barrels per day. The quantity of natural gas required for the production is enormous. The investors in these projects are betting that the age of cheap oil is over. I am betting that too and I am willingly risking my time and money on that forecast. -- CalgaryEng

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


"Like strange bulldogs sniffing each other's butts, you could sense wariness from both sides"