Hovering for dollars
One day in and I have broken my resolution. This unsubstantiated quote by OILYROD follows up on a PeakOil.com message from last year in reference to the inventor of the SkyCar:
Not surprising, considering his over-the-top resume.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:41 am
Post subject: Re: Professor Paul Moller: Peak oil is a F#$%ing scam!
As a long time former employee of Dr Moller (AKA PT Barnum)I would like to set the record strainght.
1. He is not a professor at UC Davis, and hasn't been for over 15 years. He was never professer emeretus of anything.
2. He is in the business of taking peoples money, that's all. Shit, Burt Rutan got a plane into SPACE (twice) for about 20 mil. Where do you think PT has put the 50 to 100 mil he's duped folks out of?
3. The technology is impractical, and Mollers vehicles just don't work. The last test flight (30 sec and 15 feet up) was almost 3 years ago.
4. Moller has been making claims like today's for about 30 years. It's always "just around the corner". Google his name or "Discojet" and see what you come up with.
5. The only thing this guy is expert att is taking other peoples money.
When he was only 6 years old he began construction of his first house.He likely obtained several technical degrees in utero as well.