[[ Check out my Wordpress blog Context/Earth for environmental and energy topics tied together in a semantic web framework ]]

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Paean to Air America Radio

I wrote up a tribute to the hosts on Air America Radio here. I had it brewing in my head for a few weeks, but then had to finish it when I found out that AAR management wanted to dismantle the brilliant Morning Sedition radio program by not renewing cohost Marc Maron's contract.

The freeform-station-of-the-nation WFMU provided an even better tribute to Marc Maron, here.

I repeat that AAR remains the only broadcast medium willing to regularly talk about our current energy predicament. For example, co-host Thom Hartmann, substituting today for the Majority Report duo, just had a discussion about energy profiteering with a representative from the Ayn Rand institute taking on the corporatist position. (Hartmann will also appear on a global warming special tonight on Public Television, unfortunately I can't listen and watch at the same time)



Sign the petition to keep Marc Maron on the air.

Or write to:
Air America Radio
641 Sixth Avenue, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10011.
Phone: 212-871-8100
FAX: 212-871-8133

3 Comments:

Professor Blogger Phila said...

I'm not a huge MM fan - maybe I'm too goddamn cranky at that hour - but I think Thom Hartmann's great...I hope to God AAR slots him in somewhere some day (in place of Ed Schultz, preferably).

10:48 PM  
Professor Blogger baloghblog said...

I haven't been a fan of AAR since they pulled out of SIRIUS to go "exclusively" with XM. Never understood why they would want to limit their audience.

I always liked the xk2000 or whatever it was that translated the republican talking points, though.

4:52 AM  
Professor Blogger @whut said...

I got my XM. It's a little portable job.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


"Like strange bulldogs sniffing each other's butts, you could sense wariness from both sides"