[[ Check out my Wordpress blog Context/Earth for environmental and energy topics tied together in a semantic web framework ]]

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Monkeygrinding: A sustainable source of energy?

Monkeygrinder at the new Peak Energy blog got off the ground with some choice zingers:
...caramelized pools of ancient slime...

Humanity as a whole has all the brains of an algae bloom.


Taken without context of course. I'm a firm believer that one-liners will enable use to turn the corner on our energy crisis. Somewhere out there, the right quip will come along, cause the populace to turn their heads in unison and BINGO, the entire culture will get on the right track.

2 Comments:

Professor Blogger JMS said...

It is all about marketing! My friend TM reminded me about the catchphrase "liberal media" recently. Now, I am kinda old these days. Creak. I remember watching Ted Koppel back in the eighties when he was considered by my parents to be a devil branch off that tainted liberal oak.

Ha!

Yet the trope is dragged out to decribe wan liberals like, oh, I dunno - Zell Miller! Oh wait he isn't part of the media. He's in the circus.

Anyways.

We peak oil folks, we ain't got money too much. But marketing we should be able to handle.

1:12 AM  
Professor Blogger @whut said...

You have to admit, Zell Miller is pretty good at one-liners, but hillbilly inbreeding has the effect of bringing that talent to the surface every generation.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


"Like strange bulldogs sniffing each other's butts, you could sense wariness from both sides"