[[ Check out my Wordpress blog Context/Earth for environmental and energy topics tied together in a semantic web framework ]]

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Another live one

Wow
Michael Lynch's arguments cannot be scientifically refuted. He is a statistician and analyst of impeccable credibility and his refutation of the entire peak oil nonsense is unimpeachable, relying on solid statistical techniques as taught in any advanced mathematics course. Those who seek to denigrate him and the work of Professor Peter Odell are simply placing a belief system ahead of a reasoned scientific argument.

I for one have no time for such charlatans. I am tired of standing up to respond to scientically illiterate criticism.

The fact is, there is no shortage of hydrocarbons at all. Analysis from physicists show there to be more than we could use in 100 lifetimes. Those who deny this research need to examine their motives.

As I quote Daniel Patrick Moynihan in my forthcoming book on this subject:

"We are all entitled to our opinions, what we are not entitled to is our our facts."
I will refrain from commenting on the contents of this post, apart from marveling at the sheer pomposity of its construction. I can only hope to attain this level of achievement someday.

...(one day later)...
[...] In any event changes in technology required to access deeper oil are well within our capacity and are affordable too.
OK, now you lost me. I thought you said that solid statistical techniques show no shortage of oil. Do these statistical techniques have long drilling rods attached to their numerical solutions?

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid all of this gobbledy-gook stuff is too much for us scientifically illiterate charlatans.

I eagerly await for steftheref's book to make it all crystal-clear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


"Like strange bulldogs sniffing each other's butts, you could sense wariness from both sides"