Peak Oil Blimp
For some reason, the above image posted in comments at The Oil Drum for Staniford's latest article seems ominously fitting. In any case, Stuart lists a bunch of pieces of circumstantial evidence pointing to a peak right now.
- There's a very good chance claimed OPEC reserves are exaggerated.
- World production stopped increasing in late 2004.
- Decline rates of existing production are very high
- Hubbert Linearization points to peak oil
- At least one major oil company is warning us (of peak)
- The price of oil keeps going up.
- There is no evidence of Saudi spare capacity
- There are geopolitical and climatic risks to the existing production level
Any takers on when will we hear this sound bite from Bush, "I don't think anybody anticipated the peak of the oil". Get ready wingnut apologists, for semantically arguing the meaning of "overtopped". Sheezus, no such thing as a bad rationalization in the party of the Bush 'minionists.