[[ Check out my Wordpress blog Context/Earth for environmental and energy topics tied together in a semantic web framework ]]

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Truth be told

I kid you not. The news reader on NBC's Today Show reports on current average U.S. gas prices of $2.15 and states matter of factly and with a straight face: "Analysts blame the rising cost of oil."

Whenever I get asked to prepare a plan and feel a bit flaky, I try to mess with two required sections: one called Objectives and one called Goals. In the Objectives section, I will usually write words to the effect "our objectives have been met when we accomplish each of our goals to be described later". While in the Goals section, I flip the coin and write "the goal is to meet each of our objectives that we have outlined earlier".

Usually no one notices the circular logic ... until the plan gets put into practice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


"Like strange bulldogs sniffing each other's butts, you could sense wariness from both sides"