[[ Check out my Wordpress blog Context/Earth for environmental and energy topics tied together in a semantic web framework ]]

Friday, February 25, 2005

Ox Gored

I have returned from business travel where I have witnessed the "ancient ritual in which everyone involved in slaughtering an ox avoided taking personal responsibility by passing blame onto someone else."

How refreshing to find, in the first blog I visit after returning, a perfect capsulization of the corporate world, both in macro and micro terms.

Figuratively, and almost literally, the powers have declared that I appear upside-down while everyone else exists right-side-up. I will take responsibility if that indeed pans out as true. However, if my inverted world holds true: Mr. blame machine please meet yours truly, Mr. immovable object.

Witnessing how these miniature socio-engineering experiments play out gives me pause on how larger issues ever get solved, or worse yet, erroneous solutions ever get overturned when based on incorrect premises. As always, I could be wrong, but like an ox, I possess a thicker than everage skin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


"Like strange bulldogs sniffing each other's butts, you could sense wariness from both sides"