[[ Check out my Wordpress blog Context/Earth for environmental and energy topics tied together in a semantic web framework ]]

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Et touque?

EV World has a tutorial on getting by with less, from the perspective of a Canadian sustainable energy advocate. The author, Guy Dauncey, categorizes several potential ways that individuals can make a dent in their gasoline consumption through changes in mobility behavior.
  1. Stay Home

  2. Walk

  3. Cycle

  4. Share Rides

  5. Mass Transit

  6. Share Cars

  7. Electric Cars

  8. Hybrid Cars

  9. Smart Cars

  10. Biofuels

  11. Electricity

  12. Smart Policy

What's interesting is that Dauncey keeps a running tally of percentage energy savings as he steps through each behavioral adaptation. By the time he gets to the end of the list, he achieves a signicant savings. Probably a bit too optimistic for those not able to stay physically fit and agile, but still surprising.

Update: Check out WorkBike.org for modern-day rickshaws and other contraptions.

4 Comments:

Professor Blogger TS said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

11:33 PM  
Professor Blogger Steve Austin said...

Interesting blog. I have a best xml editor blog.

8:17 AM  
Professor Blogger Quit Smoking said...

Hi, I was just looking around some blogs and checking different templates for ideas. Good blog with a nice template. I can start my own blog on ebooks thanks to your blog. I will visit weekly by the way. Like your ideas.

11:58 AM  
Professor Blogger Cyber Financial Corporation said...

Hi,

I liked your blog. I found many interesting information here.
I also give free info about adult web traffic. You can seen it on my adult web traffic site.

If you have time please visit my web site to get some free adult web traffic information.

Kind regards,
Nick

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


"Like strange bulldogs sniffing each other's butts, you could sense wariness from both sides"