[[ Check out my Wordpress blog Context/Earth for environmental and energy topics tied together in a semantic web framework ]]

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Naked Gun IX - The Return of the Electric Car

"Gentlemen! I know you're all worried, and I agree - there's plenty to be worried about.

Like this solar power plant. Already operational outside Los Angeles. Photo-voltaic cells. They convert sunlight directly into electricity. Fluorescent - lasts much longer than a conventional bulb, using a quarter of the power. Super windows - insulate as well as ten sheets of glass. An electric car - partially powered by solar panels.

But the truth is, gentlemen, I'm not worried about any of these things.

Because no one's ever going to know about them." -- Robert Goulet
Truth evidently trumps comedy. The dialogue from the Naked Gun geniuses comes from an interview on Air America's Marc Maron Show with documentarian Chris Payne, where they grabbed it from his recent film "Who Killed the Electric Car?"

I archived the audio here, a 16.6MB MP3 file lasting about 23 minutes.

I think Maron and Earl show complete open-mindedness about the subject and I really look forward to seeing the documentary when I get the chance. Any film where they get Phyllis Diller as an interview subject can't miss. Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


"Like strange bulldogs sniffing each other's butts, you could sense wariness from both sides"