[[ Check out my Wordpress blog Context/Earth for environmental and energy topics tied together in a semantic web framework ]]

Monday, May 31, 2004

The Day After Petroleum, aka Beyond Tomorrow

It appears that B.P. plc (Beyond Petroleum) puts their money where their new name is and has branched out into other energy technology areas besides crude. TruthOut has a Reuters news story on alternate and reuseable commercial energy trends. In my mind, I can see how and why the British have taken the lead; nothing like having U.K. consumers paying the equivalent of $6 / gallon to push for alternatives.

I have also seen a similar "excuse" for why The Netherlands leads the way on truly alternative energy sources (hi-tech windmills, etc.). Nothing like the possibility of breeched dikes caused by climate changes to put fear into the populace's minds.

Unfortunately, America has no built-in excuse to get on the band-wagon at the moment. I don't think Hollywood's The Day After counts as a sufficient excuse.

Bill Ford Jr, of the multinational Ford adopts a European posture, and essentially agrees here.

8 Comments:

Professor Blogger Simple 101 said...

Fantastic blog. I do apartment loans as well.

12:21 PM  
Professor Blogger TS said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

1:41 AM  
Professor Blogger TS said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

2:27 AM  
Professor Blogger jon said...

Looking for portable air conditioning info I found your post. I agree!

9:48 AM  
Professor Blogger jon said...

After we paid for our kids summer baseball camp we found it tough to recover! I totally agree with you!

1:10 PM  
Professor Blogger Jason said...

Hi there, Nice little blog you've got going on there. Keep it up! This might interest you if you're after some increased web site traffic The contents of this site will explode your increased web site traffic

5:29 AM  
Professor Blogger Cyber Financial Corporation said...

Hi,

I liked your blog. I found many interesting information here.
I also give free info about web site traffic ranking. You can seen it on my web site traffic ranking site.

If you have time please visit my web site to get some free web site traffic ranking information.

Kind regards,
Nick

1:51 PM  
Professor Blogger Quit Smoking said...

I am looking for ideas to start my own blog about ebooks and you have give me a few ideas. Thank you. Good blog. I will check it each week.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


"Like strange bulldogs sniffing each other's butts, you could sense wariness from both sides"